SPUNKZ MANAGEMENT PTY LTD – Statement of Commitment to Child Safety.
Spunkz Management Pty Ltd has zero tolerance for child abuse.
We are committed to the safety, participation, happiness and empowerment of all children.
We support and respect all children and adults, as well as our staff, clients and volunteers.
Child safe processes and procedures
Spunkz Management Pty Ltd is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
Any reports in contradiction to our child safe policy will be treated seriously, documented and reported to the relevant authorities.
- Spunkz promote diversity and tolerance within our organisation. We actively encourage applications people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
- Talent are asked to provide their ethnic/cultural/religious backgrounds on their application form so that this can be respected.
- Talent are asked to disclose any allergies, intolerances, injuries or disabilities on their application form so we can cater to these differences accordingly.
- Examples of our diversity can be viewed on our website at www.spunkz.com.au
Spunkz requires the collection of personal information including but not limited to full names, dates of birth, addresses, contact phone numbers, emails, school details, tax details, superannuation details, bank details, ethnicities, allergies, intolerances, scars/marks, piercings, tattoos, religious persuasion, health insurance, sports teams and occupations.
All personal information considered or recorded will respect the privacy of the individuals involved, whether they be staff, volunteers, parents, adult talent or children – unless there is a risk to someone’s safety.
Spunkz have safeguards and practices in place to ensure any personal information is protected. Everyone is entitled to know how this information is recorded, what will be done with it, and who will have access to it.
Please see our privacy statement available online at www.spunkz.com.au for further information.
- Spunkz require that people engaged in child-related work, including staff, subcontractors, volunteers, or adults who wish to work amongst children as ‘Talent’, are required to hold a Working with Children Check and to provide evidence of this Check. Please see the Working with Children Check website www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au for further information.
- We are committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- All staff and subcontractors must be familiar with our code of conduct and safety procedures which are also made publicly available online at spunkz.com.au
Staff and subcontractor practices
Our organisational culture aims for all staff and volunteers (in addition to parents/carers and children) to feel confident and comfortable in discussing any allegations of child abuse or child safety concerns.
We train our staff and volunteers to identify, assess, and minimise risks of child abuse and to detect potential signs of child abuse.
Reasonable interaction with children which is supervised by parent/guardians and other approved adults on set includes:
- measurement of children.
- styling children on set (which includes but is not limited to adjusting clothing, props, fixing hair, etc).
- congratulating children appropriately (high-fiving, shaking hands, etc).
- Assisting children to ‘pose’.
- Making silly faces, interacting with toys, saying funny things to make kids smile.
- Asking personal questions regarding talents and abilities.
There is zero tolerance for bad language, negative remarks or inappropriate behaviour
Staff or sub-contractors who are found to be in breach of any of our policy will have their services instantly suspended.
Employees and subcontractors are expected to be familiar with Spunkz child safety statement, our privacy statement and safety procedures.
New employees and volunteers will be supervised regularly to ensure they understand our organisation’s commitment to child safety and that everyone has a role to play in protecting children from abuse, as well as checking that their behaviour towards children is safe and appropriate.
Any inappropriate behaviour will be reported through appropriate channels, including the Department of Health and Human Services and Victoria Police, depending on the severity and urgency of the matter.
To minimise our risks – we have identified the following guidelines which all employees and sub-contactors must abide by during their rostered working hours, during any work associated event or occasion, or whilst representing Spunkz Management Pty Ltd:
- Children under 16 years of age must have an approved adult or parent/guardian present at all times on Spunkz shoots.
- Children under 15 years of age must have a parent/guardian present on all shoots as dictated by the state government and all relevant paperwork to be completed.
- There will be no images of talent posted on social media, or online, which have not already been commercially published or approved for advertising purposes as per Spunkz signed agreements.
- Talent under the age of 16 cannot be transported without a parent or guardian during business hours in private vehicles without formal written consent by the legal parent/guardian.
- Employees or subcontractors are not to knowingly liaise directly with Talent under the age of 15.
- Employees or subcontractors must assess immediate locations for potential physical safety risks (eg, lockable doors, boiling water, power plugs, sharp objects, tripping hazards) and document, eliminate or make Talent aware of any potential risks.
- Remain weather conscious on all shoots. Sunscreen, shade, heating, appropriate clothing, etc must be made available to talent on shoots where appropriate.
If employees or sub-contactors are ever involved socially with talent outside of Spunkz working hours, they must consider the Spunkz child safe policy.
Child Safety Officer
Tanya Djukic – Director of Spunkz Management Pty Ltd was employed by Victoria Police for 11 years and has a current working with children check as well as police checks and is dedicated to ensuring your children are safe and treated respectfully.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.